We will return to in-person classes in the fall 2021. We are committed to the health and safety of our members and instructors. To that end the following practices and requirements related to COVID-19 will be implemented.
- Parallel what the Manitoba school system is doing
- Follow Manitoba Health orders and guidelines https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/prs/index.html#provinciallevel
- Follow City of Winnipeg requirements https://winnipeg.ca/emergweb/covid-19/default.stm
- Follow Riverview Community Centre guidelines
In-Person Classes Practices and Requirements:
- Wear a mask. The Riverview Community Centre requires that everyone entering the building wear a mask.
- Show proof of vaccination. The City of Winnipeg requires that everyone 12 and older show proof of vaccination before entering the classroom. Those under 12 years old do not need to show proof of vaccination.
- Distance from others. We have individual tables for each participant. We will place the tables as far apart as practical (about 2 meters). Parents may sit with their child at the same table.
- Sanitize tables. We will sanitize the tables prior to each class.
- Instructors vaccinated. All of our instructors are fully vaccinated.
- Bring your own props. You should bring your own equipment, eg. cards and coins. We will provide specialty props needed for the magic we teach. These become your property and should be brought to future classes. We will Not provide “loaner” decks, as we have in the past.
- Temperature check. We will check your temperature, using a touchless forehead thermometer. A temperature reading above 38C, will result in being asked to not attend that class.
Prepared for Virtual Classes:
Should the health environment require it, we are prepared to switch to virtual classes using the Discord platform, similar to what we did in the 2020/21 year. Further instructions will be provided should we need to implement virtual classes.